Our research team consists of four Research Units (Genova, Milano, Parma, Pavia) having a wide experience in the study of mantle processes.
Within the project workflow, each Research Unit will be mostly involved on, and committed to coordinate, specific subjects: Milano for the experimental petrology task, Genova for petrology and geochemistry of pyroxenites in fertile mantle peridotites, Parma for petrology and geochemistry of pyroxenites in the depleted oceanic mantle, Pavia for petrology and geochemistry of replacive dunites.
The Principal Investigator (PI) is Elisabetta Rampone (Genova). The Research Unit responsibles are Patrizia Fumagalli (Milano), Alessandra Montanini (Parma) and Riccardo Tribuzio (Pavia)
Established collaborations with qualified international laboratories allow to access techniques unavailable in the home institutions, and guarantee the integration of different methodologic approaches on a specific target.
- Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium;
- Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Lyon, France;
- Géosciences Montpellier, University of Montpellier, France;
- Institut Universitaire Européen de la Mer, Brest, France;
- Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris (IPGP), Paris, France;
- Steinmann Institute of Geology, Bonn University, Germany;
- JAMSTEC, Japan;
- Cardiff University, UK;
- Durham University, UK;
- Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory, USA;
- Woods Hole Oceanography Institution, USA;
- Brown University, USA;